Sunday, February 8, 2015

Scripture Study

Since the first of the year, I have been following along a reading program for the Book of Mormon.

It gives reading assignments each day, a question to ponder, and a talk to go with the reading.

I have really enjoyed studying my scriptures this way.

I even bought a special notebook to write down my thoughts and keep notes in.

If a particular thought stands out to me then I've been hanging it on the wall next to my bed.

It's fun to watch my kids notice when I've put up something new.

And sometimes they'll even ask me what it means and we can have a good discussion about it.

A quote I've read recently from Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Our motives and thoughts ultimately influence our actions." Oct 2006

I have noticed that as I focus on my daily study, I am beginning to spend a lot less time on my phone scrolling through various social media sites.

It really is true that if you fill your life with the important stuff first then the unimportant stuff begins to fall away.

3 comments:

  1. I like it. I may have to jump in and do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this!! What a great way to read The Book of Mormon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Marla! Thanks for sharing. I am going to add this to my preparations for General Conference. Just what I needed to hear today.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...