Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Angel Verses

A friend shared with me something she learned during her study of  the Savior's Atonement last week.

Jesus asked His disciples to watch with Him and yet He found them sleeping.

She thought about how alone He must have felt.

Then in Luke 22:43, it says that "there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him."


This friend talked about having a day recently where she just felt broken and alone.

And she was pleading with God in prayer for help.

Later, as she was reading her scriptures, she felt very strongly that the verses were exactly what God wanted her to read.

As she told me this story, she said, "I know it wasn't an angel appearing like the scriptures describe, but it was a strength to me when I felt alone like the Savior must have."


My heart was touched and I immediately thought of the scripture in the Book of Mormon.

Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do.  2 Nephi 32:3

An angel did strengthen her!

The words of Jesus Christ in the scriptures is how angels can speak to us.


I have had many times when a scripture has spoken directly to my heart.

When I have read something that is an answer to a particular struggle I'm having.

And I love the idea of those times being when an angel is speaking to me. 

Strengthening me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...