Sunday, January 4, 2009

Warning: content not suitable for children

First, I've got to tell you about this great book series our family found. It's called "The Adventures of Ordinary Boy". He lives in a town where everyone has super-powers except for him. And everyone gets named after their super-powers (hence Ordinary Boy). But most of them have pretty lame powers. One of my favorite is Melonhead. His head is actually shaped like a watermelon, he spits seeds all the time, and he thinks he's the greatest thing in the world. And his best friend's name is Stench (no explanation needed hopefully). Anyway, on to my blog.

I decided that if I was to have a super hero name like from the book I would be: "Half-A#* Girl". (And no that would not have anything to do with the way I looked!!)

I just feel like I never really go full out for anything. I can start something and then it just kind of dies. I get all kinds of good ideas and then phllbbbttt . . . nothing ever happens. I do everything just half- a*#! (ok, I'll say way)

In the past I've set goals like:

Learn a new language (I know the words from the first semester of spanish - see here)
Do a triathlon (I bought a swimsuit)
Run a marathon (I ran a 5k)
Be a meteorologist (I have a weather gauge)
Lose 25 lbs (I lost 20)
Give up chocolate (I actually did this for a whole year, so I know I have it in me)
Learn to play the piano (again, since it was only half-a*# the first time)

Now my kids are starting to inherit their mother's super-powers and that is totally not acceptable.

My new years resolution is to do something all the way.

So I can change my super hero name.

Something more suitable for children.




5 comments:

  1. No fair- That would have to be my super hero name! It's our A D H D! Oh, wait- is that you or Tom? Anyway, I really liked this post. It would be fun to read that book! I know exactly what you mean! I feel like I can never do what I set my mind to. You are so not alone!!! I bet all of us feel this way. Who do you know that sets their mind to something and really accomplishes it perfectly? I can't name one... Maybe if I think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first time in forever I set goals for this year - but made sure that it was something that I could accomplish - no dieting (impossible for me) but stuff that would help me be better - just easier stuff. PS - you have some of the smartest kids I've ever known! They are awesome!And wow - to go without chocolate for a whole year - how do you do it? I could never, and why would you want to for your whole life? PSS - Yea for basketball that starts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla, you are so hilarious! I love reading your posts, but this has to be one of the best. I know exactly what your talking about. Sometimes when things get too hard, I just quit too. I mean, if it doesn't matter too much in the scheme of things. You know, my husband is the most Chocolatety person I know. He would say, life is NOT worth living without Chocolate!!:) It's good to finish things though. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not half as&^#. you cant' be when you have no goals. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh man, i certainly relate to this post right now.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...