Monday, February 16, 2009

Chaos Managed

So I just felt the need today to organize something; to get some part of my life in order.
I have been sick for the last two weeks and things are almost falling apart. (luckily I'm married to a lifesaver!)

So as I looked around at the stacks of dishes, piles of laundry, unvacuumed floor, scattered toys, miles of papers, etc. I decided to . . .

. . . plan and organize my garden.

I picked out what I'm going to grow and where I will plant it. I even drew a picture of what it would look like.
It just made me feel so much better.

When my lifesaver (see above) asked why the need to do that, I realized I just needed to be able to have some of my chaos managed without really putting any effort into it.

And you know what, it worked.

Later I did attack the dishes and laundry.
I even made bread.

So for me, I guess, just writing stuff down and feeling organized in one area helps me get started on the rest of the stuff.

At least I can hope so!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that was a great post! I always look at my house, after it's totally out of control, and wonder what in the world I'm going to do first, and how I'm ever going to accomplish it all :) And sometimes, even though I want something done, I don't really want to do it. I'd rather concentrate on something I love instead. I totally thought this was a cool read!! I think we can all relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organizing is my stress reliever. Sometimes it's more relaxing to me than watching a movie or hanging out with my husband. When my life feels chaotic, I like to feel like there's at least something that I can control, even if it's just the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do dishes when I am mad. I should get mad more often.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...