Monday, June 15, 2009

How to be a mom to 6 kids

I sometimes have people ask me how I can handle 6 kids. Or they say, "you are just the kind of person who could do that, I never could."

Well, I'm here to confess how I do it.

On many days I become Robo-Mom!

This means I go throughout my day in a robotic motion, with no 'e'motion at all. The kids could be screaming and fighting and whining and I am oblivious to it all. My eyes are glazed over and I just go about the little things that need to be done.

"Must make sandwiches, must fold laundry, I can't hear anything, etc."

There are even times when the Robo-Mom's laser guns are set and I become Robo-Mom-Inator. Watch out then, because you never know what will set me off. At this point the kids really do scatter.

I tell you its a survival skill.

The problem with all of this is that I miss out on the joy of everything going on around me.

So I try to not always be Robo-Mom.

But if people want to know how I do it, well you asked for it.

3 comments:

  1. When people ask me how YOU do it, I just tell them you have a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understandable! Mine coping mechanism is zombie mom. You are a great mom and number 7, along with the other 6 are super lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you truly are awesome! I feel that way too, like I am going through the motions and getting things done. Sometimes it takes Eli screaming at me to get my attentions focused where they should be. Oh the joys of parenting! BTW I think I am going to adopt that phrase too, for when people ask me how I deal with twins. I like it robo-mom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...