Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Getting Christmas


I haven't felt very in the mood for Christmas this year.

I'm sure its because of our move and all the new things we get to experience.

Mostly, I've been feeling:  "if I can just get through Christmas, then things will calm down and start to feel normal."

But, then I had this thought.

I don't want to just "get through Christmas".

I want to "get Christmas" this year!

I want to feel the Christmas spirit.

I want to be able to focus on the reason for the gift giving, and the treat making, and the decorating, and all of the craziness.

I want my kids to feel the Christmas spirit.

And that is not going to happen if I'm just getting through each day.

So, my goal is to recognize the purpose in what I am doing.

And to deliberately do the things that make it seem like Christmas in our house (baking, caramel making, serving, decorating).

Not just do them because I feel like I have to or because its a tradition.

I want to be able to say that Christmas is a wonderful time of the year, and mean it.

I want to get it.

 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...