Sunday, March 1, 2015

Power vs. Control

I think I write a lot about how my life feels out of control.

And I'm always looking for the next "gimmick" that will help me get control of things.

It could be new chore charts for the kids, a new diet, a new cleaning schedule, etc.

It's my way of trying to insert some control into my life.

These gimmicks usually don't last a long time.

The desire for control can cause frustration because there are actually very few things that I have control over.

I can't control the weather, the bad stuff in the world, or even the choices my children make.

This can then lead me to look for an escape that gives me a kind of counterfeit control.

Computer games, watching movies all day, social media.

I can control what I watch or I can control my time as I choose.


But, what I really need is not control - it is power.

 
The purpose of life is not to control all things.

It is to learn to be obedient.
"And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them."  Abraham 3:25
When I am obedient, God blesses and prospers meMosiah 2:22

He gives me power to accomplish what He wants me to do. 1 Nephi 3:7

Power comes when I choose the right.

 It is a gift from God.
 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Tim. 1:5
He wants to give me power.

His power.

And through that power I can accomplish amazing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...