Saturday, December 5, 2009

Knock Knock

First, I'm probably not alone in the blogger world of being "comment needy". (I really try not to be.) Most of the time when I post, it is just for me to get it out of my head and on down on paper.

But, last week due to a post that I mistakenly thought was spam (sorry bro) I put on comment moderation and then forgot to moderate. It was a while before I remembered why I might not be getting comments.

Second, I'm always surprised when someone like my mom says so and so was reading your blog the other day . . . (really?)

It makes me wonder who is reading this stuff?

So, I put on a visitor counter thing and was once again surprised at the numbers. (Maybe its just mostly me checking on the numbers but I don't think I check that much. )

Anyway, all this got me thinking that I should find out who is really reading this blog 'o mine.

Here's the fun part: (if you wouldn't mind) I want to invite anyone who reads this blog to leave a comment [anonymously] describing yourself. You can be as specific as you want or random.

For example, I know I lurk on other people's blogs and never comment because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't know me from Adam and that just seems weird. But I would leave a comment anonymously like "found this blog from my best friends neighbors sisters aunts husbands blog" or "like you I'm mother to a cranky newborn"

Get the idea? I think it would be fun and funny.

And I'm totally admitting to my comment neediness on this one!

Thanks for playing.

20 comments:

  1. What a fun idea. I want to do this on my blog too. On a side note you can sign up on Google Analytics for stats about who is looking at your blog. It shows where in the world people are who are looking at your blog and will also show all the blogs that people have connected to yours. Kind of cool. Anyway, I read your blog because I consider you a close friend and love your insight into real life topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marla, It's just good old me. Sorry, no surprises. But I love reading and usually don't comment, just because I'm not sure what to say :) I always wonder the same though. Because when you post something and only maybe get one comment, you start to wonder if anyone even read the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read it because I'm your Mom and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read it because I am your brother and I am worried about you and/or I am looking for ideas to tease you about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read because I'm a mom too, the topics are interesting and you think about things in a way that I may not have.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I love thought provoking momservations. When you put something out in the blog world there is a silent minority reading and thinking, as they struggle with their own parenting issues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i read your blog!!

    tried to think of something to "anonymously" post and couldn't think of anything that wasn't blatantly obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read it because now you've moved it's harder to get my Marla fix. I always love your perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your blog because I like to think of myself as your friend...and an equally "Comment needy" blogger! plus, you are funny, and I like that. :)

    See if you can get the pioneer woman to mention your blog..then, boy oh boy...watch the visitor counter numbers go crazy!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. i read cause i'm your sister and if i dont im afraid something will happen that i will never know about.....like life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your blog because you always have such great insights and advice. And I like many others miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I read your blog because I want to wish you Happy Birthday and so...here I am :-) Happy Birthday to you two. Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read (when I remember to) because you are amazing, and you have some very interesting insights and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am reading your blog. I, like you, like when people comment on my blog so I usually try to leave comments. Did you know you can put site meters on your blog that tell you who and where your blog visiters are coming from? I love it. I have one on my blog, I think if you click on it, it will let you set one up on your own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read because I'm your sister, and even though I talk to you all the time on the phone, I hear comments like "Did you read on Marla's blog...?"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a friend of Katrina's and I first read your blog when the title (This is War) caught my eye while I was reading her blog. I laughed because I have had shower wars with my daughter too, although I haven't stolen her clothes (yet). I was entertained and so I checked in again tonight because I am randomly reading blogs to avoid going to bed even though I have to get up early for the seminary run.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I, like you turned 40 this year. Do you know who I am?

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha, i read your blog. and you read mine. so we're even : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't really gotten into the whole blog thing, but when ever you post a link on facebook, I check it out. I really enjoy what you write and wish I could have gotten to know you better before and after we moved out of the ward Marshall's mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm going on 25, have no kids of my own (although I'm fascinated with yours). I live where the stars at night are big and bright and I'm coming home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...