Friday, December 11, 2009

Bring It On!

Yesterday I turned 40.

Today, I just am 40.

About 8 months before my daughter turned 4 she started talking about her birthday. She had it all planned and would come up with new ideas all the time. She was so excited about it for the whole 8 months leading up to it.

Well, 8 years ago I heard about some friends who had just celebrated their 40th birthday by having a sleepover and watching Pride and Prejudice. It sounded like so much fun. I wanted to celebrate my 40th the same way and make it fun instead of just being "old".

It didn't happen.

At first I was sad. What was the point of turning 40 if I couldn't make it a big deal?

So, I decided I needed a new focus.

I thought about my bucket list and all the things I still need to accomplish.

Then I figured out how old each of my kids would be when I turned 50.

And I realized, wow that is a lot of life left to happen.

So, now I say: Bring it on!

4 comments:

  1. The slumber party sounds fun. So I just read your War post and just about died of laughter. I think that is a pretty good punishment plan you've got going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's do the slumber party late. I think that would be so fun. And sorry, I meant to call on your birthday.Happy 40th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Marla! I really miss you! Thanks for your blog....I always relate to everything you write and it makes me miss you alot. If you ever head down to Cedar City give me a call and I will take you out for a belated birthday luncheon......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I turned 40 this week and I understand completely! Happy Birthday Marla!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...