Monday, August 17, 2009

Snap Out Of It!

Saturday, I got to experience what a rubber-band feels like.

I left a place where I have the lived the longest time of my married life.

It was physically painful to drive away. (I seriously almost had to pull the car over.)

I remember I had a similar feeling when I left my mission. I felt like I was leaving a part of me behind.

This time was even harder.

I feel like since I have lived there, I have become who I want to be. Not a perfect person by any means, but I feel as if I found myself.

That has everything to do with the people I associated with; my friends.

So, as I drove away I felt so stretched - - I did not want to leave and I felt that I would break at any moment.

But then I felt that I was being propelled further ahead to my new life with a determination to live the way I had been taught by the friends that I was leaving.

So as painful as the stretching was, I know that it was a means for me to be a better person.

I will serve greater, give more generously, and love more freely.

And I will never forget how I got where I am.

10 comments:

  1. Marla, You're awesome, and we're totally going to miss you! I heard that you've already got renters for your home. I know you'll be happy where ever you are :) You're such a great person!! Keep those family updates coming for all of us, who want to keep in touch and know what the Cluffs are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend, you are never really THAT far away. ;) Enjoy your new adventure. Someday, I'll go adventuring... for now I will just dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you. You have had a great impact on my life and I will continue being your friend from afar. Good luck on your new adventure. You are an amazing person and friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I've been there for both of those moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will really, really miss you, Marla. I'm sorry I didn't get to your house Sat in time to say goodbye in person. Please keep posting on your blog and know how much you are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely put. You are one of my inspirations! One of my heroes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think of it as moving closer to your favorite brother in Idaho. I'll be down to visit at leaset every September for LOTOJA.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been 15 months since our last move and 22 months since our last BIG move. It is still fresh in my memory. As painful as it is to leave people behind, I am grateful for the opportunities for new growth and development. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh...You are so good at describing things! I will miss you terribly as well. I hope you get to move back someday!

    until then...blogging buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sad that you are gone. But Marla, you are amazing and your new neighbors are sooo lucky that they will get to have you as their friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...