Friday, August 28, 2009

Worth It

I have an 18 month old. (again)

She is a terror.

One day I was particularly frustrated with her. But, at night she finally let me rock her before she went to sleep. (she has never done that before)

My heart totally melted while I held her and Irealized, this is what makes it worth it.

All the tantrums and naughtiness I can deal with, if I can just hold her close to me for a little while.

Then I thought about my teenager.

She is not a terror, but not far from it some days.

And I realized that I don't get a chance to wash away those feelings by holding her and rocking her to sleep.

So what can I do instead to make me realize that it is all worth it?

Laughing with her, crying with her, letting her become more than I think she is ready for.

Of course it's worth it.

4 comments:

  1. Do you think all 18 to 20 month olds are crazy? I know Elle is crazy sometimes. But I do get to rock her and love her every night. And I am glad for that for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous point! You are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missing you and all your little terrors and non terrors...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have never been night-time rockers, but I sure love holding them when they first wake up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...