Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Myrtle Budge

Here's an explanation for my computer name.

Back in the days when I was fun, our group of friends decided to make up names for ourselves.

We had our "cool" name and then we had our "nerd" name.

Our cool name could be whatever we wanted, (mine happened to be Brittney! which could be a whole 'nother blog) but our nerd name had to be the same initials as our own. (My apologies to anyone out there with nerdy names.)

Here are some nerd names I remember:
Delilah Pipin, Sylvia Nixon, Regina Sue.

I'm trying to remember why we did this.

I guess when you are a teenager, you don't really have to have a reason.

But I think it had to do with stake dances.

I think we would use those names when we were asked to dance by boys we didn't know or like.

What's funny is,it's not like we got asked to dance very much anyway.

Maybe these names gave us the idea that we could actually be nerdier than we really were already. Who knows?

But now, I kind of like the name. Unfortunately that might be because it fits me now more than ever.

But also because it brings back great memories.

May Myrtle Budge live on forever!

3 comments:

  1. Very fun name! Our computer is named "skippy"...and that is TOTALLY Nancy's doing. You'll have to ask her for an explanation of that. Although, I had a good laugh a few weeks ago, when I was trying to log on to our wireless (looking for "skippy") and noted that we have a neighbor who named their wireless "getyourown" ! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myrtle Maroola Mohiden Mohinder - I have no idea where some of those others came from (except for Mohinder from your hockey stick).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun story. I was wondering where you got that name from.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...