Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Conundrum

Here's something I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about, but it's kind of wierd.

My son came home from school yesterday and asked if I had dated a boy named Matt before. When I said yes, he said, "my friend Paul and I could have been cousins!" His uncle is the Matt I dated.

Now I am a firm believer in children ending up with the families they belong, no matter how they get there.

The question?

Where would my children be if I had married someone different?

His family or mine?

Like I said, it hurts my brain to think about this too much. I'll just love these children to bits while I can.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is that your child definitely has some Banks in him if he can make a connection like that while still in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...