Monday, October 19, 2009

Raising Boys

So I started out my motherhood with 2 girls. They couldn't be more opposite.

Then I got 2 boys. Again, couldn't be more different.

And now while my girls are hitting that fun hormonal stage and emotions are all over the place, my boys are coming into their own.

Perfect timing.

Just this weekend:

  • They snuck out of the house and were gone for at least the 30 minutes I spent looking for them (who knows how long before that).

  • I had to take one to the ER for a cut on his finger that I didn't even find out about until his church teacher came to tell me he was dripping blood all over. (He had woken up early, decided to carve a chestnut, and hid the fact that he had a huge gash on his finger because he thought we would be mad).

I guess I'm just not paying attention like I'm supposed to be.

But really, they're boys, right? What did I expect.

Emotions?

5 comments:

  1. Okay, so you neglected to say where you finally found your boys. I bet you were scared out of your mind. Sounds like life is finally back to normal since your big move. Good to hear. :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys definitely keep life interesting. Never a dull moment as they will rarely just sit...adventure is a key element of being a boy. I love that they can just let things go ... get in a fight with a friend and ten minutes later they are best buds again. Hang in there....it only gets better. Gotta love being the mother of boys. It is THE BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snuck out of the house?? Together??? This early in life???? Please tell me that I won't have to worry about that too. And let me guess, it was Solomon with the gash....did they need stitches??

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least they're doing stuff together instead of fighting, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is only two, but he is so sneaky and mischievous and rough. I can't wait till he has a cohort in crime! It sounds like even more fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...