Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bread

I was reading the scriptures the other night and came across Matthew 7:7-11:

". . .what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?

. . . if ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"


I remembered that before our move I had prayed very hard that we would be led to where we needed to be. To go where it was best for our family.

Reading those verses made me realize that even if I think that my life is hard right now, this is not a stone where I am. The Lord has actually given me bread.

That's my new mantra for a little while; this is not a stone, it is bread.

2 comments:

  1. Umm...bread is best with something sweet like honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you're getting bread, does that mean those of us back in Lehi are left with the stone in your absence? Just kidding. But know you are greatly missed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...