Sunday, February 21, 2010

Discovery Week

I learned a new equation this week.

Perfectionism + Competitiveness = Hopelessness/Anger

I had to deal with an issue with a child this week. I found some good info here and here.

It was good for me to read this stuff instead of flying off the handle like I wanted to. And I discovered some new insights into my child.

Another thing I learned or discovered (this time about myself): I am a coach.

Like, no duh, right? I love coaching.

But unfortunately, I have a coach voice and attitude.

Stuff like: "c'mon, you can do better than that!" or "what is the problem here?"

Can you hear it?

It sounds great outside on a field or on a court. But inside my home I realize that I need to have a meeker approach to teaching.

I'm always open for learning new things. Especially when it helps me be a better mom.

3 comments:

  1. 1 - I so hear Dad in those comments.
    2 - Those links are great, and I've added them to my favorites. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links...just what I needed right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget: "I'll give you a reason to cry"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...