Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dancing With My Star

I have this great memory from my childhood.

It's dancing with my Dad.

We had a daddy-daughter dance once and learned "The Minuet".

I can still remember some of the steps.

So, when I was put in charge of the activity for the girls (8-11yrs) at church, I thought of this.

It was a low key night. We just had punch and cookies.

Most of the dads who came with their daughters were very reluctant about dancing (including my own daughter's father) .

The girls, on the other hand, seemed to be beaming because they had their dads to themselves (I remember that feeling).

Anyway, I taught them the waltz. Just the basic box step. I also taught the Electric Slide; just to the girls (kind of to give the dad's a break). And then we ended with a final waltz to Journey's Open Arms.

It was fun, but I think my favorite part was listening to the girls giggle. They had so much fun.

I'm not sure if any memories were made for these girls, but it was nice for me to relive mine.

I love my Dad.

4 comments:

  1. I think I would still enjoy having an activity like this with my dad. What a fun activity. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome. We danced at my Daddy Daughter Date too. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember a Daddy daughter dance being great, too. What I really want to know is how it was possible for you to listen to "Open Arms" without yelling it at the top of your lungs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric would have totally been up there with the Electric Slide. He can't wait until the girls are old enough for the Daddy daughter dates.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...