Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Free Throw

My brother-in-law recently requested, from the family mailing group, ideas on weight loss.

He says he doesn't need it now but he wants some ideas for later on when us "older ones" don't care as much or forget stuff.

Yeah, he's a gem.

Anyway, this was my response and I thought I'd just throw it out here. I guess I did go to college for something.

My Top 5 Healthy Eating Ideas

1. Eat smaller portions more often. (5-6 times a day)
2. Drink a glass of water before or after eating.
3. Eat the right kind of food. (you know what that is)
4. Don't do anything else while you're eating (no driving, watching, reading, etc.). Just focus on the food and tasting/savoring it.
5. Add more movement to your day.

For real weight loss: Keep a food journal (write down what/when you eat and why you're eating).


But, everyone knows this stuff, right? (It doesn't mean we do it.)

2 comments:

  1. My 2 rules are don't eat after 8 pm and eat a fruit or vegetable at every meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I'm a healthy eater, but I'd probably be surprised if I kept a log. We could all improve in all 5 areas, right? I think you do a good job with these things with your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...