Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sorry to Offend

Confession time.

I treat my clothes as if they have feelings.

I feel bad for certain items if I haven't worn them in a while.

It doesn't matter if I don't really like them or they don't look good.

I don't want to hurt their feelings.

I've tried the "turn the hangers all the same way" method of getting rid of clothes.

(you know at the end of 6 months or a year the hangers that haven't been turned around means you haven't worn them and you should get rid of them.)


Well, it just brings to my attention even more the ones that I should feel sorry for.

It's like getting picked last for a team.

Now, I know this is completely insane.

And, I do get rid of clothes after I keep wearing them and still can't stand them.

I just say to myself (and the clothes):

"I'm sorry but this relationship is just not good for either of us."

"It's not you, it's me."

"I'm sure you can find someone else that will be just right for you."



Am I the only one?

2 comments:

  1. I have this problem with books. I can't get rid of them, even if I haven't read them. I just let them sit there making me feel guilty that I haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but do our clothes realize WE have feelings, and when we can't squeeze our way into them, then OUR feelings are hurt?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...