Monday, September 13, 2010

Food Critics

In our home, we are constantly trying new recipes.

And in our quest for the perfect food, we are always trying to improve upon each dish.

Thus, we end up discussing what to do differently next time.

Our children have picked up on this.

Now it doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Of course we want to improve their culinary tastes.

But, it gets awkward at times.

"This meat is a little bit dry."

"Is this what it's supposed to taste like?"

"What exactly is in here?"

"I think this needs more salt."

"You may have cooked this a little too long."

"Dad makes this stuff way better."

Totally normal comments in our "food critic" house.

But not exactly what you like to hear when eating with others.

Especially when the cooking was not done by us.


I wonder why we don't get many dinner invitations.

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Love it! Sounds familiar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous!!! Too bad you don't live close by so I can cook for you and get the rundown from your kids. Of course, I wouldn't take it personally, since I would probably feed them pizza from Dominoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping that someday my children realize how to use a recipe to cook. Kind of like the day I realized mom actually used patterns to sew.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...