Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Best Selves

There are two sides to me. 

The "good-guy self" where I try really hard to be nice. 

And then the "bad-guy self" who, well. . . doesn't.

Right now I'm waiting for my husband to come home so I can vent to him about all the things that happened today that I was nice about that I didn't want to be.(take a breath now) 

And I thought, why should I let him see this "bad-guy" side of me? Shouldn't it be more important to be my "good-guy" self to my loved ones than to others? Will my "good-guy" self implode if I don't have a down time for it? Should I even have two sides to my self? So many questions. Here's my answer:

I will try harder to be my "best self" to my family. Because when, not if, I fail they will still love me.

4 comments:

  1. Why is it that those we love the most have to suffer the most "bad guy" stuff. When they and you benefit the most from "good guy" stuff. hey you went to the park today with the kids. that is definitely (SP) "good guy" stuff.
    Sharra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bishop Tuckett has had to tell me more then once to just greet Drew with a smile and a kiss and ask him how his day was even if I want to stab myslelf in the foot after my day! Too discriptive? Let's just say that there is too much of the bad guy in me and I take it out on Drew WAY too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny that you write this. We were having this very same conversation today. We're going to try harder to be the best self for the spouse. However, that leaves an opening for someone to be kicked. And, we don't have a dog. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marla, is that you :) Didn't know you had a blog. Just finding it through other people I know.. P.S. Don't move Ever!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...