Thursday, March 11, 2010

MMD

I have finally found the name of what is wrong with me. (well at least one of the things)

It is called Material Management Disorder.

I know that everything is supposed to have a place and be there, but it just doesn't come naturally to me. There's just too much stuff.

I will hold something in my hand and think, I should put this in a file, but then the disease takes over and I just put it down for later. (I'm totally like Scarlett.)

Or I file too many things with no discrimination of what really should be saved.

Just the other day I created a new file for my coupons. And as I put it in my gigantic file cabinet I had this thought, "yeah, I'm never going to find that folder again." (It took 2 weeks of searching by the way.)

Anyone else feel like they have this?

Are there really people out there that don't have this?

At least now that I know my problem has a name I can face it head on and start curing it.

So c'mon women of MMD - let's unite!




Yeah, who am I kidding - I'm pretty sure it's terminal.


6 comments:

  1. Haha, thanks for the laugh. It totally have that disease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel...I hate clutter, but I never know what to do with all the papers and stuff that pile up on my countertop!!! I should probably just throw more stuff away!
    Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a book for you. It is called "A Perfect Mess: The Hidden Benefits of Disorder How crammed closets, cluttered offices and on-the-fly planning make the world a better place." by Eric Abrahamson and David Freedman. It was a delightful read in that it made me feel better about the piles of papers that crop up and the closets that don't stay organized. It let me know that I was an efficient person in spite of the clutter that I cannot seem to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pretty much keep all the surfaces clean in my house, but I put all the questionable stuff in "the pile". The pile could contain coupons that I intend to use, but don't have a place, brochures I picked up and want to show somebody, to-be-filed items, receipts to save. No matter how clean the house is, there is always "the pile". Sometimes I hunker down and go through it and chuck more than half of it anyway. Yeah, I got the disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know of at least one person that doesnt have it. I met her at the cannery yesterday. she said that when she first got married, her husband teased her that she vacuumed 3 times a day. Now she only does it once a day. Her canning jars are all facing the same way according to brand (kerr, ball, etc.)

    Okay - so I am glad I have the disease! That girl was just not normal! - Juliet

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...