Friday, March 26, 2010

Changes

There are times when you make changes occur that are very noticeable. Like when a child is done with diapers. You realize it immediately. It is a good change and you rejoice.

There are times when you are forced to change and it takes a while to adapt to it. Like daylight savings time. It took me a while to get used to it, but there came a day when I actually felt my body adjust.

Then there are changes that are so subtle that you're not even sure when they happened.

Last weekend my two oldest wanted to go see their school play with another friend. We dropped them off and had them call us when they were ready to be picked up.

When did I become a mom of kids old enough to do that? When did I stop being that overprotective mom who has to be a part of their lives at all times?

It is a change that I welcome and yet, did not recognize.

It is a change that is good for all involved.

I sometimes fear the future and all the changes that will come. I hope that all changes are as smooth as this one.

And I hope that I can recognize and rejoice in them as they come.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit the thought of that makes me stress. I don't know how I am going to handle teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there is some good that comes with teens!
    It is fun to see them maturing and being responsible!
    It is the pits to see them fall down, it hurts more when they are teenagers! Sometimes they just want to wallow in self pitty and make all miserable, plus -Mommy cant make it all better with a kiss or words of encouragement.
    But this is also is how they can learn to rely on Him who can make it better with a kiss from above and words of encouragement...
    Though at times it is hard to watch or be in the midst of this process, the benefits are amazing when you see their closeness to and love for the Savior maturing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...