Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kind of Personal

I've been on my get-healthy/weight-loss journey for almost 4 months now.

I knew what I wanted to do and even how to do it.

But it has seemed to take forever.

I started out exercising by running for 1 minute/walking for 2 min for a total of 20 minutes.

Then increasing that running time each week until I could run 20 minutes without stopping.

I lost 10 lbs in the first 3 weeks.

Since then, it has been a 1 lb a week loss (maybe).

I lift weights 3 times a week and eat 5 times a day and drink tons of water.

I signed up for a half marathon because there is a great one where I live and its been on my "list" for a very long time now.

I've gotten discouraged thinking how I'm supposed to run 13 miles or more than 2 hours when I'm not even running 2 miles yet and only 20 min. at a time.

But the big turning point came the other night.

I have always hated feeling fat.

And feeling out of shape.

The other night I said out loud: "I'm not fat any more."

Not - "I don't feel fat, or I don't look fat".

Just, "I'm not fat."

That's huge for me.

That's a completely different emotion than feeling or looking.

It's a real thing.

And now I realize that I can do this.

I am doing this.

I pulled out the 15 lbs dumbbells for some of my exercises.

I am only 10 lbs away from my super goal weight.

I ran 3 miles this morning.

I have 18 weeks until my race.

I will be ready.

This is what life is.

Little steps leading to bigger plans.

Not always seeing results, but still changing along the way anyway.

I can't wait to see where this leads me.

5 comments:

  1. Marla, how awesome!! I wish I was doing it :) My weight is out of control right now. Something I am definitely needing to work on! So I'm taking your inspirational story and putting it in my thoughts and maybe it will help me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I was just telling Jake this morning that I am happy with my weight, I just needed to get fit to feel completely happy. Keep going, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marla! That is fabulous! I know you like to be your own cheerleader and all, but I'll help with the cheer leading. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Marla! You wanted to get in shape and you did it! I'm very impressed with your determination. I'm also trying to get back in shape...I kind of let myself go for several months. Now my goal is to exercise 5 days/wk, eat sweets only one day/wk, drink tons of water, etc. I'm feeling better already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for being inspiration for us all! I'm your fan and cheerleader, Myrtle.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...