Thursday, April 29, 2010

Real Women

I am blessed to have amazing women in my life. I like to call them real women.

When I am around a real woman I . . .

. . . know who I am.

. . . can eat what I want without wondering if they think I'm a pig.

. . . can pick up conversations from forever ago without the small talk.

. . . can talk about potty-training and gospel topics in the same breath.

. . . am not embarrassed to cry.

. . . laugh a lot.


To me a real woman is someone who . . .

. . . knows who they are.

. . . has goals that they are always working towards.

. . . makes others feel good without putting themselves down.

. . . loves being a mother and desires it more than anything.

. . . will drop anything just to visit with a friend even for a short time.

. . . is willing to admit faults and weaknesses without wallowing in self-pity.

. . . laughs heartily.




. . . bless my life.

4 comments:

  1. I like that. I'd like to think I'm a real woman but I'm sure I am guilty of doing some of those things I shouldn't... but I am trying. Which is all we can do right? Since we're on the topic, I thought I would tell you that I really look up to you and appreciate your friendship. Thanks for always letting me blabber to you in the mothers lounge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this! Pure wisdom my friend! I gotta be honest I really felt that at PF Changs- can we PLEEEEZ do it again?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm gunna have to steal that and put it on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are definately a REAL woman! One of the best!!! Thanks for this post. I totally agree with ya!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...