Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mantra

I found an interesting scripture at the end of last year and I've been repeating it in my head.

It's toward the beginning of the Book of Mormon.

Lehi and his family have left Jerusalem; lived and journeyed in the wilderness, built a boat and traveled across the sea.

And not without much difficulty.

They finally arrive in the promised land.

1 Nephi 18:24
"And it came to pass that we did begin to plant seeds; yea, we did put all our seeds into the earth, which we had brought from the land of Jerusalem. And it came to pass that they did grow exceedingly; wherefore, we were blessed in abundance." (emphasis added)

They did not hold anything back.

They did not say to themselves, just in case this doesn't work out, we better save some of these seeds.

They put all of their seeds into the earth.

So this year, I'm telling myself to plant all of my seeds.

To not keep myself back from living fully just because I may not feel settled.

Even though, I know we will only be here for another year and then we will move again, I'm planting all my seeds.

There is no use in waiting for what may be in the future.

This is my life right now.

It's a great life.

I'm planting all of my seeds!

6 comments:

  1. I like you. Have fun planting your seeds. Have fun weeding after your seeds start growing. :) I will look for seeds and plant mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you again Marla :) You really are missed!! Your kids are lucky to have such a great mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool. I never noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for your wonderful garden! would love to come enjoy it with you this summer! if i planted all of my seeds i would need more ground to plant them in...i think i must be a seed-a-holic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great insight! When Mark and I moved here (TX) one of the first talks we heard was in stake conference and they said, "unpack your suitcase". We made a special effort to be involved in the ward and community and it has been so rewarding. We've all known somebody that has moved somewhere and kept their emotional bags packed because it's "just for two years" and then never left because of one thing after another. If you hold back, you might find you've been holding back your whole life. Ouch.
    Thanks for sharing that scripture. I believe it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...