Thursday, February 7, 2013

Birthdays

It's my 5 year old's birthday and she's having a hard day.

She stayed up late last night because she was too excited to sleep.

We hung some balloons up this morning and cooked her choice of breakfast (sausage, bacon, biscuits, eggs).

She opened her present.

And, now, "this is the worst birthday ever!"


She has been so excited for her birthday and I guess had a certain vision of how it was supposed to go.

Last year she had a small friend party with balloons and games.
 
And she's been invited to other kids' parties that were really cool.

Apparently, she hasn't noticed that we don't do parties every year.

Or really make any kind of huge deal out of birthdays.

I kind of feel bad for her.

I think it's one of those, "you'll thank me later" things.

Because, I'm just preparing her for when she becomes a Mom!  
(insert hearty guffaw here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...