Friday, February 1, 2013

Stretching

I love exercising.

It just makes me feel so good, so alive.

I love working up a sweat and feeling like I'm accomplishing something.  I love taking care of my body.

But, I have to admit that it is really hard work. 

And I have to really make it a priority or it doesn't happen.

One thing that really motivates me?

The cool-down stretch.

It is my favorite part.

I never stretch out before I exercise; it just feels wrong and too tight.

But, after I'm all warmed up and kinda beat - it is the best feeling in the world.

I love taking time to think about what I just accomplished. 

And I love noticing that I can stretch just a little bit further than I did the last time.


I just realized today that I can relate this to my life.

Being obedient/having faith makes me feel good.

But, it is hard work and I have to make it a priority or it doesn't happen.

So what motivates me to do it?

The stretching.

When I'm going through hard times I don't often think about how good it feels.

But, when I look back at these experiences and I can see how far I've come, it feels great.

And that is the best feeling in the world - becoming who God wants me to be.

2 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned lately how much I adore your blog and writing? Oh, I haven't? Well, I guess I outta. You are truly inspired to write this. Like others, there have been so many occasions where a certain post is just what I need. I have also emailed links to many friends many times who have told me it is just what they needed.

    You have a talent. Thank you for sharing.

    Karilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karilyn; your words made my day!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...